Friday, July 17, 2009

11 Weeks and a new Doc

Another week down. They're going by faster these days. We had an appt at our new OB/Gyn on Wednesday. They did another U/S. Mainly just so we could see our little one again. She spent a lot of time and made sure we got a good look. She also printed out 5 pics for us. This one is my favorite:

Photobucket

It's looking so much more human-like. It was moving all around and in this pic it was waving it's hand up by it's face. One of the pics is of it's feet and boy/girl parts. It's obviously way too early to distinguish between the two but it's nice to know baby knows how to cooperate once the time comes.

I think I'm going to like this new practice. I only got to see the NP this time. I'll meet my new doc at next months appt, which is in 4 weeks. Partly to break up that and partly because I want the info, we scheduled the NT test for my 13th week. It involves an U/S so we'll get to see our little baby again. I also bought a doppler on ebay today so we can hear the heartbeat at home whenever I feel like it. We actually haven't heard it yet. They've never turned on the speakers during any of my U/S. I always forget to ask because I'm mesmerized by watching the little being that's inside of me.

Honestly, the thought that there's something living inside me and moving around in there is a little freaky. I mean, I think about my belly getting bigger and giving birth and having a baby all the time. But somehow the fact that it's actually in there now doesn't quite make sense to me yet. Maybe that'll change once I can feel it kicking.

I'm going to have Rich take a new belly pic tonight and I just might post some of them for you. Stay tuned...

1 comment: