Thursday, July 2, 2009

9 Weeks

I guess I forgot to do an 8 week post. Oops! We had another U/S on Monday at 8 weeks 4 days. Here's the pic:

Photobucket

Isn't it a cute little fetus? Hehe. It was measuring big at 8 weeks 6 days. That was a relief since it had been measuring small last time. It had a nice strong heartbeat of 164 and a spine, and arms and legs. So cool! Then we got to see the best thing ever. The tech made me cough really loud a few times and got the little gummy bear to move! It looked like it was napping and we woke it up so it wiggled around and got comfy again. It was so adorable!

Apparently my RE doesn't want to let me go. Or he wants another $500 from my insurance company. In any case, I get another appt with him next Wednesday. I'll be just a day shy of 10 weeks. Then the following Wednesday I have my first OB appt and I've been told I'll get another U/S at that appt. An U/S a week until I'm almost out of the first trimester. I'm a lucky girl!

On the symptom front I've had very little nausea, for which I'm grateful. However, the bloating and constipation has set in with a vengeance. My stomach is sticking way out and making me look 3 or 4 months pregnant. I can't say I don't enjoy putting on maternity clothes and pretending that's all baby. But I know what it really is. I'm trying to get a little relief from that before I post a belly pic because I'm not trying to pass it off as a baby belly. But I promise, it's coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. CAn't wait to see the pic! Right now just over joyed for you!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to be spoiled with extra ultrasounds. We certainly paid our dues to deserve them!

    I found it a little gross to have a belly that people wanted to rub and it wasn't even baby yet, it was organs and what not. But I passed it off as baby, cause they don't know the difference. Have fun with the belly, it's a pregnancy belly, regardless of where baby is positioned. :o)

    ReplyDelete