Friday, June 19, 2009

7 weeks?

This week seemed to go by a little faster than the past few. I was so glad to hit the 7 week mark yesterday. Then I went in for my U/S this morning. The baby is only measuring 6 wks, 5 days. That's 3 days behind where I thought I was. I know for a fact when I ovulated. The earliest I could possibly be is 7 weeks. The baby looked healthy and everything. We saw the heart beating again which was awesome. And I can see that the baby has grown a whole lot in the past week. But it's still a little nerve wracking that it's measuring small. Here's the pic:

7 week 1 day

That's the yolk sac next to it. Funny that's what that tiny little dot was on the first U/S, just 2 weeks ago, and look how big it is now!

Rich pointed out that had she measured it a little to the right (your left looking at the pic) it may have measured slightly bigger and got us another day or two. Perhaps.

My next appt is not for 10 days. My doc is on vacation next week. Some ridiculously expensive luxury getaway I'm sure. The baby business is a lucrative one. I didn't get to talk to him today because he was doing a procedure. So we wanted to make sure we got to get all of our questions answered at our next appt before they kick us out. By then I will be over 8 weeks and baby will probably have changed a lot.

No new symptoms to report. Still just really tired and my boobs hurt. And maybe, just maybe, they're a little bigger. My stomach is also feeling like it's sticking out a bit, so it might be time to start the belly pics.

In baby news this week, he or she is now the size of a raspberry. It's growing about a millimeter every day and will form it's lips, nose, and eyelids this week. It's little fingers and toes are separating, too. No more little webbed hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment