Friday, June 5, 2009

So Far, So Good...I Think

Had my first U/S today. We knew we wouldn't be able to see much more than the sac at only 5 weeks, 1 day. I was very nervous that we wouldn't see anything at all. I was freaking out. But I was really hoping we'd see the fetal pole, even though I knew it was too early. No fetal pole yet, but we did see the gestational sac and the yolk sac inside it.

Photobucket


All in all, the appt went well. I asked my doc when I would be able to play golf again. Maybe near the end of the first trimester. And no orgasms either. Uterine contractions wouldn't be a good thing right now. Thanks, Doc. I don't usually have orgasms on the golf course but I'll keep that in mind.

The nurse called me later in the day with my bloodwork results. HCG levels are over 7000 now which is awesome! But my progesterone is down to 23. That's got me worrying again. They said it's fine because it's over 15. I'm already taking progesterone supplements twice a day so I know it probably won't ever fall below 15. What worries me is the big drop it took. From over 40 to 23. Was my body producing progesterone last week but stopped? And now the only progesterone in my system is from the supplements? Would that mean I was going to miscarry soon? A lot of Dr.'s think that low progesterone is not the cause of a miscarriage but rather it's the effect. So if your levels drop it is a sign of impending miscarriage. I know they're still in the normal range, but they dropped - while on supplements.

Why is there always something for me to obsess over?

2 comments:

  1. You know, I don't "really" know you, but over the past few weeks of reading your blog I have been so excited for you!! And then this morning when I saw this I got SO EXCITED even more for you!! That is such a great picture too!!! Congrats girl.. I can't wait to watch your journey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, that is one cute sac you've got there.

    With over year worth of analyzing every little sign your body sends - I think its nearly impossible not to obsess over every bit of information when pregnant. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete