Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New haircut! Help!!

My hair was getting a little too long for me so I went in to have it cut. I asked the hairdresser(same one I always go to) to do the same thing as last time. Piecy bangs and big chunky layers in the rest of the hair. I asked her to cut an inch or two off the length but keep it at my shoulders. I told her I like the look of long hair, but once it gets too long it gets on my nerves.

Here's what it looked like last time:

Photobucket

I loved that haircut! And I still had it, I just needed it trimmed up.

And here's what it looks like today:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I freakin' hate it! I look like a housewife from 1978. Somehow all the hair in the front that frames my face is really short. It's up to my chin. And then it tapers down into these thin layers that pop up from the bottom of the sides and back. Hate it, hate it, hate it! I've been playing with it all day and can't make it look good.

So, here's my dilemma. Do I just leave it alone and let it grow out or do I get all those thin long layers cut off and make it into a bob. I didn't want a bob with bangs because I thought it would look too juvenile. But now I'm thinking that would look better than what I have. I would probably need to let it grow even longer if I did that. So I took some pics with the long pieces pulled back so you could get an idea of what that would look like:

Photobucket

Photobucket

What do you guys think? Please don't tell me it looks good just to make me feel better. I want honest opinions of if I should leave it to grow out or get it cut again.



Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. 1) I agree, the current do isn't doing anything for you.
    2) I think the bob would look REALLY hot! (IMHO I don't think bob + bangs would look juvenile, just cute!)
    3) I LOOOVE the new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with the Bob!! That look doesn't do anything for you. Have you thought of maybe putting some blonde streakes in it, to help get rid of that juvinalle look your talking about. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would try the bob, but only if they don't taper the front to round your face. The front needs to stay the length it is now.

    If you don't want to try the bob, you'll have to pull your hair back for a while until it grows out and you can get it re-cut. I've had a few cuts I've hated and that was my solution...ponytail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the BOB would look cute, or just go with a SLING...I LOVE the SLING... it is where you just get it angled from the back to the front, so it is shorter in the back and evenly agled to the front.. Just some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the BOB also ..:) i actually have a BOB myself. although, if your looking for a a longer style try curling it in with a hot iron. i also agree the with whole ponytail idea(steph).

    ReplyDelete