Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Plan

Friday's RE visit was interesting. First off, my follies had actually shrunk in size. The doc says that's because ovulation was probably in progress that day. Which is what I thought as well since I got a positive on my OPK the day before. I'm a little bummed I didn't get to hear how much bigger and better they were compared to Wednesday, but I guess they got big enough. At least the one on the right did. Still not sure about that one on the left. It was at 16mm on Friday but he said it probably had gotten bigger and shrunk back down. Somehow I doubt that. My lining looked better too at 10.5mm. Nice and thick. Oh yeah.

Last visit I had asked the doc about where we will go after this. We talked about a lot of things and he didn't give me a real clear answer. Just a lot of discussing the pros and cons of all the different options. Friday was much different. Maybe I caught him off guard last time? He now says he wants to do a Laparoscopy if I'm not pregnant this cycle. I thought this meant I would need to take a cycle off, which for me means a no-go. I'm not ready to take any time off. I'm way too impatient for that. But he said we'd only need to take a few weeks off. He'd put me on BCP when this cycle is over and get me scheduled for it ASAP. Then, as long as everything goes well, take me off the BCP a few days after the procedure causing a new cycle to start. And we proceed with the next treatment cycle. They knock you out for this one so it doesn't concern me that much. No scary HSG pain or anything. I don't care what you do to me as long as I don't have to feel it!

He wants me to move on to injectables and IUI next cycle. I think the thinking behind doing the laparoscopy is to rule out any possible problems before spending the money on much more expensive treatments. If he finds any minor problems, (endo, adhesions, etc.) he can correct those while he's in there. If there's a major problem then we would know the treatments would be pointless and we need to move on to IVF or adoption. WTF! This has gotten so agressive, so fast. On one hand, I like that. I am, after all, extremely impatient and want to be pregnant now. So if this will get me pregnant, then bring it on! And I'm all for more info. He's going to take a look at ALL my pelvic organs, not just the reproductive ones. On the other hand, it's only been a few cycles since the ectopic. And I have gotten pregnant twice before. So maybe I just need a few more months and all this is completely unneccesary. I'm sure I could ask him to hold off at least one more cycle and try out the Femara. But do I really want to stop him from trying to get me pregnant ASAP. That IS what I want.

Hopefully I can just be pregnant this cycle and not have to worry about all this. I know, wishful thinking. I'm officially in the 2ww now. Blah.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Mel- I hope you are preg after this and dont have to worry about anything else. I liked having a plan even if it meant more treatments or surgery or whatever.

    I had a lap so let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this cycle works and you don't have to continue with his new plan. I felt like our RE was moving fast but that's his job, to get you pregnant. To us it feels fast, to them it's what they do every day.

    ReplyDelete